Cost for a Quality Paternity Test
As one of the world’s most highly accredited and trusted DNA-testing laboratories, people ask us this question every day. With the explosion of DNA-testing providers in recent years, it’s easy for people who need a paternity test to get confused about which one they should choose. For many, price is the determining factor. But beware! Choosing the lowest-cost option doesn’t always mean you’ll get the highest quality, which is essential for such an important test. There are companies on the internet that offer “cheap” DNA paternity tests, but if the price seems ridiculously low, that should set off warning bells. Since getting accurate and reliable results for a reasonable cost is the goal for most people, here is a breakdown of price ranges for what you can expect to pay for a quality paternity test.
How Much Does a Paternity Test Cost?
A home DNA paternity test (for personal knowledge and peace of mind only) costs $130 to $200. A legal DNA paternity test (with court-admissible results) for child support, child visitation, and immigration, typically costs $300 to $500, and includes professional DNA collection. A non-invasive prenatal paternity test (testing before the baby is born) is $1,500 to $2,000.
Prices can vary, as does the quality of the testing; additional features can be added, such as expedited testing.
What about Low-Cost Tests?
Home DNA testing is not regulated like legal testing. Many online companies appear legitimate, but farm out their tests to unregulated labs or ship your DNA samples out of the U.S. for cheaper processing. Be careful because cheap testing often means cheap testing methods—don’t take a chance on your life-changing paternity test.
Why Choose DDC for your DNA Paternity Test?
- We offer high-quality paternity tests at reasonable prices
- We are the lab—all testing is done on-site, so you can be sure your analysis is being performed at an accredited facility
- In our laboratory, two independent teams of DNA analysts run every legal DNA test twice, using state-of-the-art equipment, and the end results are verified by a trained scientist with a PhD degree. We do this above and beyond the AABB requirement, to assure our clients receive the most accurate results possible
- Results are delivered within 1-2 business days (or even same-day) for a home paternity test or legal paternity test, and as quickly as 3 days for a non-invasive prenatal paternity test
- Our highly-trained and caring customer-service specialists are available to help when you have questions
Your best option is to call our toll free number, for two reasons:
- To make sure you get the test that’s right for you, and
- To see if you qualify for monthly discounts