Maternity DNA Test
To confirm the mother of a baby or child—for immigration, adoption, and more.
What is maternity DNA testing?
Maternity DNA testing determines whether the woman tested is the biological mother of the child tested. It works like a DNA paternity test, except this analysis compares a child’s DNA profile with their mother’s. Even if the father is not tested, DDC can prove conclusively whether the child’s DNA matches the mother.
The DDC Promise
Results in 2 Business Days
Still not sure which test is right for you? Contact our experts today for a free consultation.
Not sure if you need an at-home or legal test? Our knowledgeable case specialist can help determine the best option for your unique situation.
Not sure when you would need a maternity test? There are several common reasons women choose to test maternity, including proof of maternity for immigration, to prove a relationship between an adoptee and a biological mother, and more.
- Proving a maternal relationship for immigration
- Resolving controversy that sometimes occurs in hospital nurseries
- Life-long peace of mind after returning home from the hospital
- Proving an adoptee’s relationship to a possible biological mother
- Confirming accuracy in cases of in-vitro fertilization
More about this Test
Q: Can a maternity DNA test be used for immigration?
Q: How long does a maternity DNA test take?
Q: Where is DNA collected for a maternity test?
Q: Can we get DNA collected for a maternity test in different locations?
Q: How does the at-home maternity test work exactly?
- Order Your Maternity Test Online or By Phone: Get your at-home maternity kit by ordering online now or call us for a no obligation consultation at 1.800.681.7162.
- Collect Your DNA & Send to Our Lab: Collect your DNA testing sample with just a simple cheek swab. After you’re done, use the prepaid envelope included in your kit to submit your DNA, or choose to send it via first-class USPS or courier service.
- Sample Receiving, Processing & Review: Our lab technicians will carefully handle and prepare your DNA sample for processing. Every maternity test sample we receive is ran through two separate, independent teams for processing, and then the results are reviewed by our in-house team of PhDs.
- Receive Your Confidential Maternity Test Results Online: Once testing is complete, we will send an email notification; just log in to our secure website to view the results. Results are always completely confidential, and your private genetic information is never shared with or sold to outside parties. Keep in mind, this at-home test is NOT admissible in court.