FB

Home Paternity DNA Testing

Get paternity answers at home for knowledge and peace of mind.

Home Paternity DNA Testing

Get paternity answers at home for knowledge and peace of mind.


• Learn probability of paternity with confidence
• Test up to 3 potential/alleged fathers and 3 children
• Simple at-home cheek swab—no lab visit required.

  •  Learn probability of paternity with confidence
  •  Test up to 3 potential/alleged fathers and 3 children
  • Simple at-home cheek swab—no lab visit required.

Why Choose DDC as Your DNA Testing Experts

DNA Diagnostics Center (DDC) is one of
the most accredited labs in the world with more than 20 million DNA tests performed. DDC uses fully automated processes and the latest in computer technology to help provide the most accurate paternity results possible. All DNA test reports are reviewed by a team of DDC’s in-house PhDs before they are released to an online, secure portal.

Why Choose DDC as Your DNA Testing Experts

DNA Diagnostics Center (DDC) is one of the most accredited labs in the world with more than 20 million DNA tests performed. DDC uses fully automated processes and the latest in computer technology to help provide the most accurate paternity results possible. All DNA test reports are reviewed by a team of DDC’s in-house PhDs before they are released to an online, secure portal.

Convenient & Trusted Home
Paternity Testing

Convenient & Trusted Home Paternity Testing

Quick Processing

Receive results in 1-2 business
days after all paternity test
samples have arrived at the lab.

Trusted Results

Our in-house PhD team reviews
the results of your home paternity
test to ensure accuracy.


Easy & Private

Collect your sample when you
want and where you want in the
comfort of your own home.

How Home Paternity Testing Works

How Home Paternity Testing Works

Collect & Ship: Requires a simple cheek swab. After collection is complete, use the prepaid envelope send back to our lab

Sample Processing: Using the most advanced techniques, our lab
technicians will analyze over 20 loci or genetic markers to determine the probability of paternity.

Get Your Results: Within 2 days of samples arriving at the lab, you’ll receive an email with access to our secure online portal where you can view and download results.

Collect & Ship:
Requires a simple cheek swap. After collection is complete, use the prepaid envelope send back to our lab.

Sample Processing:
Using the most advanced techniques, our lab technicians will analyze over 20 loci or genetic markers to determine the probability of paternity.

Get Your Results:
Within 2 days of samples arriving at the lab, you’ll receive an email with access to our secure online portal where you can view and download results.

Understanding Paternity Testing

Results typically show over 99.99% probability of paternity if there is a close match, or 0% if there is not.

Understanding Paternity Testing

Results typically show over 99.99% probability of paternity if there is a close match, or 0% if there is not..

Learn More about Paternity Testing

Learn More about Paternity Testing

Q: Can I use results from a home paternity test for legal reasons?

A: Results from a home paternity test cannot be used as proof of paternity for legal reasons such as child support, custody, Social Security, etc. This is because DNA is collected by test participants, chain-of-custody protocol is not followed, and identities of tested parties haven’t been independently verified. Be assured your results from a home paternity test will still be accurate for the samples provided to us: they are just for peace of mind and personal knowledge only. If you need results for court or think you may in the future, call us directly at 800-681-7162.

Q: Are results for a home paternity test just as accurate as for a legal one?

A: Yes; results for a home paternity test are just as accurate as they are for a legal test. In fact, once samples arrive at the lab, the process for testing is exactly the same for a home test as it is for a legal one. You can be certain your results for a home paternity test are accurate for the samples we are provided.

 

Q: What if the cheek swabs seem too wet to put in the paper sample envelopes?

A: Cheek-swab samples are not the same as saliva samples, so we recommend that customers swab for a full 30 seconds per swab while taking care to avoid the saliva-rich gum areas. If samples seem “too wet” once swabbing is complete, just wave the swab in the air for 1-2 minutes before placing it in the paper sample envelope.

Q: Do names appear on the home paternity test report?

A: DDC does not put names on the home paternity test report, since identities of the test participants have not been independently confirmed. Names of participants are requested on sample envelopes for internal-tracking and communication purposes only. If you want a report with names, you may want to choose a legal paternity test instead. Sorry—we cannot add names to a home paternity test upon request.

Q: Do you accept unusual samples for home paternity testing?

A: Cheek-swab samples are the industry standard for this type of test. Cheek swabs make DNA extraction by our lab’s robots easy, which is one way to keep costs lower for our customers. If you want to submit an “unusual” sample such as toothbrush, ear wax on swabs, or fingernail clippings, you must call us directly at 800-681-7162 to discuss your request with one of our experts. Keep in mind there is a non-refundable fee of $150 required to test a sample’s viability prior to testing.

Compare our Paternity tests.

Compare our Paternity tests.

Paternity Testing for New York Residents

The New York State Department of health does not permit residents of New York to perform at home paternity testing. They require DNA testing to be performed and approved by a DNA collector.

if you are a New York resident, you may choose one of the tests below instead.

Paternity Testing for New York Residents

The New York State Department of health does not permit residents of New York to perform at home paternity testing. They require DNA testing to be performed and approved by a DNA collector.

if you are a New York resident, you may choose one of the tests below instead.

Related Products

Related Products

Legal Paternity DNA Testing
When you need legal, court-admissible DNA proof of paternal relationship.

Prenatal Paternity Test
The Certainty™ prenatal paternity test helps confirm paternity before the baby is born.

Still need help finding the test that’s right for you?

Contact our friendly and
knowledgeable DNA specialists.

Still need help finding the test that’s right for you?

Contact our friendly and knowledgeable DNA specialists.